1. What is cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)?
2. Briefly explain the procedures and alternative methods for CPR.
3. How would you correctly perform CPR on adults, children and infants?
4. What are the first aid principles you need to follow when providing first aid?
5. How might you display respectful behaviour when communication with the casualty?
6. What is the law in relation to obtaining consent from the casualty?
7. What resources and equipment might you be required to use to make the casualty as comfortable as possible?
8. How would you operate the different types of barrier devices?
9. What should you be aware of when using first aid equipment safely?
10. What types of conditions might you need to monitor a casualty for and respond to? List 8.
11. What types of information should you accurately convey to emergency response services relating to the incident?
12. Why should you report the details of the incident?
13. What information is contained in an injury/illness report and should be kept confidential?
14. What might be some methods of de stressing and improving the health of those involved in critical incidents?
15. Why might you need to address your individual needs by participating in a debriefing?
16. Briefly explain the steps you might take when conducting a visual and verbal assessment of a casualty.
17. How might you recognise if a person is not breathing normally?