Discussion of the core competency of the company and its weaknesses/problems. / Current Issues: this can be pulled from the case study, but I would also do some research online to make the presentation more current
- Software project decision point.
- You need to determine an interest rate to use—select an interest rate and explain why you think this number should be used. Use it in your calculations in item 1.2.
- Given the information below on options 1 and 2, carry out three forms of analysis: breakeven, ROI, and NPV.
- Make a recommendation on which way to proceed, based on the TCO for each option.
- Option 1: Purchase the FunSoft package: Cost $200,000 for software and $85,000 for hardware in year one; with $50,000 to customize it and a $40,000 annual licensing fee for the life of the contract. There will be an annual saving of $61,000 due to the layoff of a clerk.
- Option 2: Purchase the SoftComm package, which will operate on the vendor’s hardware: Cost $250,000 for a five-year license, payable half up front and half during the first year of implementation. The maintenance contract, at $75,000 a year, includes all currently identified modifications to the software for the first three years. The clerk’s hours will be cut by half, for a saving of $25,000 a year.
In both cases, sales are expected to increase from the current $1 million a year, by 10% per year each year (over each year’s previous year’s sales) after full implementation.
Assume a five-year life for the software.
Module 8 Discussion Forum: Social Media Discussion Post
As part of completing your white paper, craft a tweet (140 characters) that provides a “hook” for those who may be interested in the topic you’ve researched. You can include a link to the full paper hosted elsewhere (LinkedIn, personal blog). Post your social media announcement on our discussion board. You are not required to respond to others, but please feel free to do so if you’d like.
Creating a Report
In the week 3 discussion, you began the Pre-Writing step for a report for your boss on Richard Hackman’s statement that using a team to complete a complex project may not be the best approach. Review your classmates’ contributions to the discussion forum so that you are able to leverage a wide variety of perspectives.
Your written assignment this week is to continue the 3×3 writing process and complete the report.
Continuing your research using the South University Online Library, complete the report. Your report must include the following:
- An outline of how you have formulated your response to Richard Hackman’s statement. Your outline should provide a reasonable framework for the report and show where you are going to use each of the pieces of information you found through your research
- An introduction to the report that explains the purpose of the report, the significance of the topic, and a preview of the main points to be discussed
- The body of the report that uses clear headings and topics arranged logically, in an appropriate tone
- Meaningful conclusions and practical recommendations in the report
- Multiple current and credible sources
J. Richard Hackman statement
According to J. Richard Hackman, a noted team research scholar, using a team to complete a complex project may not be the best approach. However, imagine that your organization relies heavily on teams to complete projects. Your boss wants you to develop a well-researched report analyzing Hackman’s comment.
Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWsuO9f74o
- What is a confidence interval?
- Let’s say you made a confidence interval for a mean taken from the sample that is representative of the population. Will that confidence interval apply to the population or to the sample?
- In the discussion for week 4, you rolled a pair of dice 10 times and calculated the average sum of your rolls. Then you did the same thing with 20 rolls. Use your results from the week 4 discussion for the average of 10 rolls and for the average of 20 rolls to construct a 95% confidence interval for the true mean of the sum of a pair of dice (assume s = 2.41).
- What do you notice about the RANGE of the interval for the mean of 10 rolls versus the mean of 20 rolls? Finish this rule: As the samples size increases, the range of the confidence interval ______________ (increases/decreases – pick one).
- Using your mean for 20 rolls, calculate the 90% confidence interval. Compare the range of the confidence interval for 90% to 95%. Finish this rule: As the confidence level increases, the range of the confidence interval _______ (increases/decreases – pick one).
- In the project for this week, you are calculating confidence intervals for someone who is picking between the engineering major and the business major. You are trying to tell him/her what is likely to happen. Is it more helpful to have a large range or a narrow range in a confidence interval? Why?
Imagine yourself as a business entrepreneur who has developed a potentially highly successful service and has obtained the necessary backing to build an organization that will deliver the service in this country and abroad.
Using concepts from this course, design an effective organization and describe the following:
· The method with which the organization operates, its organizational structure, its organizational design elements, how the organization is managed, how it is led, how it is controlled, and how performance is measured
· How employees are inducted into the organization, trained, and compensated
· How innovations are stimulated and supported
· How technology is used to achieve superior organizational and individual performance, competitive advantage, and operational effectiveness within a global marketplace
· The organization’s overall culture
· How the organization embodies classic and new science ideas of systems
Final Portfolio Project Instructions:
· Your paper must be 11 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
· Your paper must cite and reference 10 Sources and citations
· Your paper must comply with the requirements defined in APA
Find an article describing a national project in detail. On the basis of the article and on your understanding of the project, answer the questions below. State any assumptions that you feel are necessary to provide answers.
- Who were the stakeholders?
- Was it an internal or external project?
- What were the most important resources used in the project? Explain.
- What were the needs and expectations of each stakeholder?
- What are the alternative approaches for this project?
- Was the approach selected for the project the best, in your opinion? Explain.
- What were the risks in the project?
- Rank the risks according to severity.
- What was done or could have been done to mitigate those risks?
- Was the project a success? Why?
- Was there enough outsourcing in the project? Explain.
- What lessons can be learned from this project?
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.
Purpose of Assessment
Demonstrate how a leader can implement change within an organization to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. You will consider the information you learned in your conversation with the company you contacted in Week 5. You will be measured on how you apply key managerial skills to foster innovation and lead change in a dynamic business as well as your ability to listen actively and respond using appropriate tone and word choice.
Your boss has asked you to implement a new rotating work schedule that requires employees to work different schedules each week. She would like to know how other companies in the area have handled their schedule changes in the past to determine if their change model is applicable to this situation.
Review the discussion with the organization you contacted in Week 5, and consider whether you would use any of the strategies to implement a new rotating work schedule.
Prepare a 12-slide presentation (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi®, etc.) to build a business case for your boss and your organization’s leadership team. Your presentation should include speaker notes, and ensure you do the following:
- Analyze the change requested by your boss:
- Analyze the impact of this change to the bottom line (profit, productivity, and expenses).
- Analyze the desired result or goal.
- Analyze who will be affected by the change.
- Analyze the change management approach(es) used by the company you interviewed in Week 5.
- Identify the company you chose to interview for your research.
- Discuss the approach(es) the company used to make a change in the past. Include elements of your interview, such as your questions and the company representative’s responses.
- Evaluate whether you would use any of the change management strategies from your Week 5 interview.
- Analyze the role of the leader to accomplish the change.
- Assess what metrics will be applied to determine success or failure.
- Determine the timeline for the change.
Cite references to support your assignment. It is recommended that you use the textbook, the University Library, and the internet.
I am posting Week9 assignment/instructions and week7 (2 page) paper that will be included. Please follow instructions and include week7 paper in week9 paper
Captain Crozier, Commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, wrote and distributed a controversial letter that pleaded for help for crew members stricken by the COVID-19 virus in March of 2020. The communication was sent to several recipients and eventually found its way to the news media. The situation became front-page news and was actively debated in the media. Senior leaders believed that Captain Crozier may have avoided his chain of command for fear that his immediate leader would suppress the issue and expose the sailors to unnecessary danger. His decisions and actions that lead up to his writing of the letter are fraught with ethical dilemmas.
In this assignment you are asked to analyze ethical aspects surrounding Captain Crozier’s decision to widely disseminate the letter.
Thoroughly research the issues using the Internet and the resources provided in What You Need to Know. You may need to conduct additional research to support your analysis.
As you can see by your research, there is a lot going on behind the scenes in this scenario. However, it is clear that the Captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt was facing a difficult ethical situation and tried to find the best way to communicate his concerns. There are many questions that likely come to mind, such as:
- What was the dilemma facing the Captain? How might he have weighed his decision?
- Should the Captain have sent the message? Why or why not?
- Was the content of the communication appropriate, taking into the consideration the recipient(s) of the letter? Did he distribute the letter for maximum effect?
- What should he have done differently?
- Did the Captain violate Navy ethical guidelines? Are his actions at odds with communication guidelines? Is that how he should be judged?
- Was his punishment justified?
- How do you think his crew felt? Is that relevant?
Consider the Captain’s decision to send the letter, the manner in which the letter was sent, and the recipient(s) of the letter. Complete both parts of this assignment in a single Word document.
Part 1: Analyze the Scenario
- Analyze the ethical decision that the Captain faced as it relates to how he communicated his plea and in the context of his position. Consider the sender, receiver, message, and channel.
- Analyze the primary failures and successes of the Captain’s communication strategy. Make sure to consider how the letter was distributed, the Captain’s possible intent, and the content of the letter.
- If this situation had occurred in the private sector and not the military, would the outcomes have been similar or different? Defend your reasoning.
Part 2: Write a Communication
Imagine that you were the commanding officer of another naval ship who had followed this sequence of events closely. Your ship’s Public Affairs Officer reports to you and is responsible for many of the ship’s external communications, and you are anxious to share your lessons learned from the USS Theodore Roosevelt situation.
Send a communication to your Public Affairs Officer that conveys and re-enforces the primary lesson(s) learned from the incident on the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Be sure you focus on the actions of the Captain. The medium is your choice, but it is also very important, so state the medium you have chosen within your message and the reason you feel it is the most appropriate medium to use. Address possible reasons such as confidentiality, tone, convention, et cetera.
- Complete both parts of this assignment in a single Word document.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA style and formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length: Part 1 should be 3–4 pages, double spaced, and Part 2 should be 1 page, double spaced. Page count does not include your cover page or reference page.
- Cited resources: Use a minimum of three scholarly sources outside of the course text. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
Essaysdesk.com: a professional writing service that provides original papers. Our products include academic papers of varying complexity and other personalized services, along with research materials for assistance purposes only. All the materials from our website should be used with proper references.