Can you help me write an essay paper for intercultural communications class?
Proverbs are an essential component to socialization across cultures (Rahill, et al., 2011). They are used to transmit social and religious values, as well as to reinforce knowledge and behavior that are essential to a culture’s existence and identity. For this assignment, students are provided an initial sample of proverbs from around the globe, related to various themes, including but not limited to: prejudice, virtue, discrimination, social progress, the commonality of persons across different groups and others.
Paper must be 2-3 pages typed, 1-inch margins, 12 pt. Time New Roman font, College-level writing, MLA format
1. The task is to research and identify similar proverbs from across cultures that might be considered to hold very divergent sociocultural and religious perspectives (Example: Christian and Muslim; Mormons and Hindus, etc);
2. Use the internet, books, journal articles as well as live interviews of “different” students and faculty members from across the campus and in their neighborhoods, to discover proverbs from various cultures that transmit sociocultural and religious values;
3. Discuss the common elements which you have discovered in the proverbs from diverse cultures, the similarities and differences to proverbs used in their own socialization process and life experience, the relevance of the proverbs they have researched to the social work values, “importance of human relationships” and “social justice;
4. Discuss the extent to which the proverbs you discovered may oppose your own cultural values, and/or may marginalize or alienate clients from the diverse backgrounds reflected in your table of proverbs;
5. Discuss how this exercise impacts your development of culturally proficient skills and your ability to utilize the strengths of cultural resources in your roles as an advocacy broker and as a promoter of human rights and social justice.
~Some background about my culture is that I’m half Iranian and Afghani and my family is Muslim but I’m a Buddhist.