- Minimum of 2 academic or government resources with corresponding in-text citations (one for Texas stalking statute; one for state criminal code)
Stalking is the intentional scaring of another person by following, tormenting, or harassing the person. Cyber stalking is the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person through threatening behavior.
Review the case of State v. Hoying (2005) from the textbook. Compile a list of the elements of stalking required by the Texas stalking statute. Did the prosecution prove all of the elements? Explain if you agree with the opinion of the court or not. Finally, according to your state criminal code, what are the elements of the offense of stalking? Provide an example of criminal behavior that would demonstrate all of the elements.
Writing Requirements (APA Style)
- 3-4 full pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page (minimum of 2 in-text citations from textbook/other academic resources)