There is a lot of reading and comprehending what you read for this assignment.
There are 3 documents mentioned in the instructions I have attached them below.
You will respond to the questions below about the case study in the Unit II Addendum in a minimum of two pages.
- Do the four managerial tasks of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling develop a cooperative relationship with fire and emergency services (FES) personnel as well as other agencies and the community?
- Why do many of the FES personnel believe that more experience and intuition in decision-making is valuable in an emergency?
- What is the importance of chain of command and unity of command during this situation?
- What are the ideal characteristics of a guiding coalition in this scenario?
- What techniques can be used to communicate a vision of change?
- Were there any roadblocks that could defeat efforts to accomplish a good working relationship with public officials, other agencies, and the community?
You will write a one-page standard operating procedure (SOP) to address the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) on any incident in which more than one resource is used. You will only be writing the purpose statement and procedure. Most SOPs will have more areas than these two sections.
See below to access an example of an SOP for engine company operations, which may be helpful if you have never written or seen an SOP.
In addition, see below to access a blank format for you to complete Section II of this assignment. The purpose statement is an overview of a routine or repetitive activity followed by an organization.
The procedure will be the technical and fundamental programmatic operational elements of an organization to ensure compliance of SOPs by all intended users.
Your assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length (Section I will be two pages, and Section II will be one page). You must include at least three sources, to supplement your discussion and support your conclusions for Section I. In Section II, include the citations of any material from other sources at the bottom of the SOP.
All sources should be from reputable, reliable journal articles, case studies, scholarly papers, and other sources that you believe are pertinent. All sources used, including the textbooks, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in proper APA style.