1. Write 1 page about Microsoft Excel software and how it is one of the best OLAP solution.
2. Go to Tableau Public gallery at https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/gallery and find 2 to 3 vizzes you like, click on the vizz and then download them with the button in the bottom-right corner to try to understand how they were made.
Go to Stephen Few’s blog “The Perceptual Edge” ( perceptualedge.com) and to the section of “Examples.” In this section, he provides critiques of various dashboard examples. Read a handful of these examples.
Go to dundas.com. Select the “Gallery” section of the site. Once there, click the “Digital Dashboard” selection. You will be shown a variety of different dashboard demos. Run a couple of the demos. – 1 page
Answer following questions
• which 2 or 3 vizzes interested you?
• what were some of the good design points and bad design points of the vizzes & demos?
• What sorts of information and metrics were shown on the vizzes & demos?
3. Read chapters 9-11 from textbook: Kirk, A. (2016). Data visualisation a handbook for data driven design. Los Angeles, CA: Sage. ISBN: 978-1473912144.
1. Summarize the content of the chapter addressed.
2. What were some of the highlights in this chapter and learning opportunities?
3. Share some new ideas and/or thoughts that you developed from the reading of the chapter.
4. How do you think you can apply this chapter’s concepts into your home, school, personal-life or work environment?
2 page each chapter.