Acknowledging your strengths and weaknesses is essential to leading successfully. Strengths and talents are not the same. Even though talent is important to success, as you become the best leader you can be, you will be drawing from strengths to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
Access the following link and view the video:
Now, Imagine you have been invited to participate in this leadership project, and as part of your responsibility of appearing in the video you have to write your own statement about why you consider yourself to be a leader.
- First, start you statement with “I am a leader because ….”
- Then, write a paragraph between five and seven sentences where you list and explain at least three characteristics that make you a leader.
As you list these characteristics or strengths make sure to answer the following questions:
- How do you as a leader exhibit these characteristics?
- As a follower, how do you believe a leader would effectively exhibit these characteristics?
- When dealing with setbacks and resistance, what are some leadership strategies you could use to improve on your leadership skills?