There are three troublesome issues that have emerged in the advancement of APRN practice. These issues in APRN include: 1) the clear role development and morphed to fill gaps in services; 2) the lack of clarity regarding role uniqueness; and 3) the dearth in nursing specific outcomes. From your readings this week, discuss 1 of the 3 questions. Begin your discussion with the question you will be addressing.
- Why might the development and morphing of roles based on gaps in medicine be problematic for advancement of APRNs? What actions might a nurse take to reduce this?
- In what ways can an APRN distinguish his or her role from other nursing roles and medical counterparts? Why might this be important?
- How can APRNs encourage nursing-based outcome studies?
- Length: A minimum of 250 words, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years