Aligning Service Delivery Models with Community Problems
In Riverbend City: Roles, Skills, and Service Models, you choose a service model that you felt would be most appropriate for a task force addressing the issue of youth and teen homelessness. What service model did you choose, and why did you choose this model?
In addition, you were asked to invite additional task members to this task force based on your choice of service model. What criteria did you use to select these task force members?
Now consider the community problem you are writing about in this course. Identify which service delivery model aligns best to that community problem:
- Why is this the best model and are there gaps in how this model addresses the problem that you would need to bridge in order to create a successful solution?
- Did you choose the same service delivery model for this problem that you did for the Riverbend City youth and teen homelessness task force? Explain why or why not.
Respond to the posts of at least two of your peers. Ask any questions that will help you better understand their post. Make suggestions that will provide your peers with food for thought.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Align service delivery models with a community problem.
- Apply the principles of effective composition.
- Develop communications appropriate for the audience.