- Alignment of HRM and Business Strategies
Select a publicly-traded company to research. Evaluate its human resource (HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its company regarding human capital. The following are some of the company websites that provide this information:
- Allstate: Human Resources Careers.
- State Farm: Human Resources & Training Careers.
- Ford: Careers.
- Aruba Marriott Careers. (You can also search for other companies from the Marriott website.)
- In addition, refer to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statisticswebsite, which identifies detailed roles for HRM personnel and offers you some insight into HRM positions.
Write a 2 to 3 page paper in which you:
- Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the business strategy.
- Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR department.
- Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
- Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages.
- Propose three ways that the company can increase diversity.
- Use at least three high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Consider beginning with your course textbook and quality sources that can be found in the Strayer Library.
Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose how to align human resource strategies with business strategies to increase competitive advantage, including increasing diversity.
Essaysdesk.com: a professional writing service that provides original papers. Our products include academic papers of varying complexity and other personalized services, along with research materials for assistance purposes only. All the materials from our website should be used with proper references.