MY Country I pick to write about is Jamaica
Imagine you have been hired as a consultant for the United Nations. You have been asked to write an analysis on how global population growth has caused the following problem and how it affects a developing country of your choosing:
A growing global population that consumes natural resources is partially to blame for the release of greenhouse gases since human consumption patterns lead to deforestation, soil erosion, and farming (overturned dirt releases CO2). However, the critical issue is the burning of fossil fuels (hydrocarbons) such as coal oil and natural gas to produce energy that is used for things like electricity production, and vehicle, heating, and cooking fuels.
The U.N. has asked that your paper contain three sections. It has asked that each section be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. It also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction of half a page minimum that addresses points points 1–5 below:
- Explain the problem the U.N. has asked you to address in your own words.
- Identify the three sections your paper will cover.
- Identify the developing country you will consider.
- Telly the U.N. which causes of greenhouse gases you will explore.
- Provide a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
- What are greenhouse gases?
- How do greenhouse gases contribute to global warming?
Section II. How Emissions Causes Problems for the Developing World
- Which countries produce the most greenhouse gases?
- What are the economic challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
- What are the security challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
- What are the political challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
Section III. Causes and Solutions of Greenhouse Gases
- Name two causes of greenhouse gases.
- What are potential solutions to address each of the causes you identified?
- What is the relationship between population control and greenhouse gases?
- Make sure your paper consists of 4–6 pages (1,200 words minimum, not including the cover page, reference page, and quoted material if any).
- Create headings for each section of your paper as follows:
- Section I. Background.
- Section II. How Emissions Causes Problems for the Developing World.
- Section III. Causes and Solutions for Greenhouse Gases.
- Use and cite at least five credible sources in your research. A list of potential resources is available below.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Opinion: The Pernicious Climate Dictum—Don’t Mention Population.
- The Five Mass Extinctions That Have Swept Our Planet.
- Does Population Growth Impact Climate Change?
- A Very Grim Forecast.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Evaluate the global impacts of, and potential controls for, population growth.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.