After reading Challenger Analysis in Tufte’s article, briefly describe why YOU believe the Challenger accident occurred.
Also, answer the following questions:
- Was the Challenger accident preventable?
- What specific factors led to the accident that YOU believe is relevant to this course?
- What are your expectations for this course?
When replying to a classmate, offer your opinion on what they posted.
Using at least 3 – 5 sentences, explain the strengths and/or weaknesses of your peer’s evaluation.
Expand upon your week 1 discussion posts and in a 3 page double spaced, APA formated document, describing the specific aspects from the Challenger accident that helps us better understand the importance of effective data visualization.
Also, complete the following activity:
- Re-create at least 1 visual aid from Tufte’s article that you believe would better describe the dangers surrounding the launch.
- Expound upon Richard Feynman’s congressional investigation and articulate a better argument as to the cause of the accident.
- What did you learn from this case study?