The dynamics of the corrections environment are related not only to the inmate population but also to the daily operations staff. In this assignment, you will examine the characteristics of a corrections institution and the confinement culture, as well as staff roles and culture. You will also explore the relationship between the corrections environment, corrections staff, and corrections management.
From the Argosy University online library resources, read the following articles:
- California prisons present blueprint for reducing inmate population
- Factors leading to corrections officers’ job satisfaction
By Week 3, Day 3, in at least 300 words, post to the Discussion Area your answers to the following:
- In what ways does the inmate population of California prisons affect the job satisfaction of the prison staff?
- How does the inmate population effect the management and quality of confinement within the corrections environment?
- How does staff job satisfaction effect the management and quality of confinement within the corrections environment?