Determine population-based strategies that incorporate health determinants to promote optimal health and prevent escalation of diseases and conditions.
After completing your BSN, you have assumed a newly created position as the outreach coordinator for a mental health clinic within the local Veterans Hospital. Your position requires you to manage the outpatient unit and the resources necessary to serve the veteran population better. The Director of the Hospital is seeking to expand outreach to promote mental health among veterans.
Create an executive summary containing a community outreach strategy that will improve the quality of life for Veterans with mental health concerns.
- Identify a problem that requires a mental health community outreach program for the veteran population.
- Describe the problem in detail including:
- Specific health determinants supported with current evidence
- Predictions for how those determinants affect the ability of the outreach to be successful
- Propose a community outreach solution to the Director of the Veterans Hospital including:
- Description of the solution
- Explanation of how the proposed solution will align and assist with the health determinants
- Support for the explanation with current evidence
- Describe the resources needed to initiate the community outreach program including:
- Detailed description of resources needed to initiate the community outreach program
- Potential impacts to the health determinants
- Description of how the health determinants will be overcome to ensure accessibility to the Outreach program
- Ideas stated with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar