Prompt: Based on the challenges and strategies discussed by Pifer and Baker (2016), what challenges do you anticipate you will face in your doctoral program? What strategies will you apply to work through these challenges in your doctoral journey?
Write a 1-2-page, double-spaced essay in response to the prompt above. To present your strongest writing skills, submit an essay that:
- Provides a focused and clear central idea that responds to both questions in the assignment prompt with developed ideas;
- Integrates relevant and accurate paraphrased and/or quoted evidence from the provided reading in support of the argument, accompanied by appropriate analysis and some form of citation and/or attribution to signal when information is used from the reading;
- Organizes ideas with logical structure, clear paragraphs, and transitional words/phrases;
- Uses grammar and mechanics to effectively communicate meaning to readers;
- Maintains academic integrity by demonstrating your original work. Using outside sources beyond the Pifer and Baker (2016) excerpt provided above is not required for this essay; if you use them, however, then you must cite any information you paraphrase or quote.