Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Conduct research to identify techniques for maintaining participant interest in training. List a minimum of three specific techniques not found in the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text and give a short explanation of each. Explain how these techniques can be used to deliver effective training, noting the learning style to which each technique appeals. Compare these three techniques with those identified in the course text, noting any differences or similarities.
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. In addition to the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text, use at least one additional scholarly source to support your discussion.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- Compare the techniques you identified with those identified by others noting any differences or similarities.