Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio (Due in Week 10)
For this Assignment, you create a professional cover letter, resume, and portfolio that you can use as you pursue your next professional role.
- Create professional cover letters, resumes, and portfolios
To Prepare for the Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources concerning developing your professional cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
- Review the Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio Assignment Guide
- Refer to the Walden University Career Center website for resources to develop your cover letter and resume. With the assistance of the Walden University Career Center website, you can make your cover letter, resume, and portfolio accessible online to your faculty and potential employers.
Your professional cover letter, resume, and portfolio are due by Day 7 of Week 10. It is highly recommended that you begin planning and working on this Assignment as soon as it is viable. The following checklists outline all of the items you should include in your cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
Checklist for Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be:
- Presented and formatted in a professional business manner
- Addressed properly
- Clear and concise and include:
- Content Introduction
- Content Body
- Content Conclusion
- Written in a professional style and include:
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Clear and accurate sentence structure
Checklist for Resume
Your Resume should be clear, concise, and well-organized and it should also include your:
- Name, address, business phone number, and e-mail address (top center of resume)
- Profile: 2–3 sentences describing goal and positive attributes/characteristics
- Certifications and licensure
- Professional experience
Checklist for Portfolio
Your Portfolio should be clear, concise, and well-organized and it should also include your:
- Personal philosophy statement
- Personal goals (short term and long term)
- Cover letter
- Diplomas for formal education
- Letters of recommendation
- References (list names, affiliation, and contact information)
- Certificates of attendance for continuing education
- Oral presentations and/or poster presentations
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!