USING AN ESSAY FORMAT, PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW IN COMPLETE DETAIL. FAILURE TO ANSWER ALL PARTS OF EACH QUESTION WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF POSSIBLE POINTS AWARDED. THUS, SKIMPY ANSWERS REFLECTING ONLY A FEW SENTENCES WILL BE MARKED AS INCORRECT.
YOU MAY USE YOUR TEXT, SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES, AS WELL AS OTHER SCHOLARLY MATERIAL FOUND IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE BOOKS. ANSWERS DERIVED FROM THE INTERNET ARE PROHIBITED. YOUR RESPONSES MUST REFLECT A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF CONCEPTS AND DEMONSTRATION OF CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS, NOT A CARBON COPY OF THE TEXTBOOK. ALL MATERIAL USED IN COMPLETION OF THE EXAM MUST BE CITED USING THE APA OR MLA FORMAT.
PLEASE USE FONT SIZE 12/ DOUBLE-SPACED WHEN COMPLETING THE EXAM. THE ENTIRE EXAM SHOULD REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF THREE (5) FULL PAGES OF TYPED MATERIAL.
- •Compare and contrast in detail the three main components of the criminal justice system.
- •Explain the function and significance of each component.
- •Compare and contrast the consensus and conflict models found in the criminal justice system. Provide one example of each model. (chapters 1 and 2)
- •Define the concept of arrest in detail.
- •Explain in detail the circumstances under which an arrest occurs and what steps must be in place for the arrest to exist.
- •Explain and define a search. Under what circumstances may police officers search vehicles? Discuss what limits there are there on searches? (chapters 1 and 3)
- •We have found that stress is a natural component of police work and some stressors in police work are particularly destructive. List and define five areas of stress that affect police officers and explain how these stressors impact the officers’ lives. Provide