The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics of this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
Healthcare leaders will be faced with opportunities, more than ever, to strategically align their marketing initiatives. This is a result of entrants in the market—increasing competition, healthcare services and medical interventions growing scarce, and heightened scrutiny to change unhealthy behaviors. As a result, unique strategic initiatives for demarketing, a germinal concept originally introduced by Kotler and Levy (1971), is expected to resurface.
In this assignment, you will analyze the concept of demarketing and its implications in the healthcare field. Likewise, you will select one demarketing initiative and elaborate on its potential implications for success.
Please review the following and using specific information, from these resources, your course resource, and additional research, address the tasks posed below:
- Define demarketing and discuss its implications in healthcare.
- Discuss the three primary concepts of demarketing.
- Mention when healthcare organizations face opportunities to utilize demarketing strategies.
- Mention some demarketing tactics are commonly used by healthcare organizations. How do these organizations reduce the total demand and the selective demand?
- Discuss the specific dangers associated with the demarketing approach in the healthcare market.
- Select one of the following topics and elaborate on potential demarketing opportunities relevant to current market trends. Be sure to address the current demand for demarketing your selection and its relevance to the healthcare community.
- Government demarketing on the United States welfare state (i.e., Medicaid, Medicare, CHIP, Social Security, etc.)
- Health risk demarketing on consumer smoking
- Place demarketing on institutional long-term care facilities