Define pay for performance and assess its use as a quality measure in managed care systems.
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the unit, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
Read the following article: Health Policy Brief
Discuss the following from the perspective of a provider:
- Define pay for performance and assess its use as a quality measure in managed care systems.
- Provide an example for each of the 4 categories of pay for performance measurement.
- Choose one of the four payment programs in this article and evaluate its use as it relates to pay for performance using one more outside resource in your review.
- Note that there are several resources located in this article reference list that can be expanded on for this assignment.
Justify your responses using examples.
- To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your initial posting should be addressed at 300-500 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned of this Week. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
- Respond to your peers throughout the Week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of this Week.
- Use the following rubric as a guide to complete your discussion responses.