Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
- Please use the following case for this assignment:
DC is a 46-year-old female who presents with a 24-hour history of RUQ pain. She states the pain started about 1 hour after a large dinner she had with her family. She has had nausea and on instance of vomiting before presentation.
HTN Temp: 98.8oF
Type II DM Wt: 202 lbs
Gout Ht: 5’8”
DVT – Caused by oral BCPs BP: 136/82
HR: 82 bpm
Current Medications: Notable Labs:
Lisinopril 10 mg daily WBC: 13,000/mm3
HCTZ 25 mg daily Total bilirubin: 0.8 mg/dL
Allopurinol 100 mg daily Direct bilirubin: 0.6 mg/dL
Multivitamin daily Alk Phos: 100 U/L
AST: 45 U/L
ALT: 30 U/L
- Eyes: EOMI
- HENT: Normal
- GI:bNondistended, minimal tenderness
- Skin:bWarm and dry
- Neuro: Alert and Oriented
- Psych:bAppropriate mood
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references