Describe at least three reasons for conflict within an institution or organization.
- Describe at least three reasons for conflict within an institution or organization. How might individual differences and perceptions contribute to the conflict?
- Explain the role of functional conflict in institutional change.
- Explain the role of dysfunctional conflict in institutional change.
- Recommend one conflict resolution strategy organizational leadership could use with functional conflict.
- Recommend one conflict resolution strategy organizational leadership could use with dysfunctional conflict.
Format this assessment as a professional report. Use appropriate headings and support your statements with the resources you located. Follow APA guidelines for your in-text citations and references.
- Submit 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Cite at least 3 current scholarly or professional resources.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- How does emotion affect the way we handle conflict?
- Do you think that conflict causes change, or that change causes conflict?