Reflect on your LPI (and/or other leadership assessment) results and your personal career goals. In this paper, which is intended to help you start to build a personal leadership development plan, you should report on the results of your Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) (and, if desired, other leadership assessment(s) you have done) in light of the course concepts from readings and discussions, and your own background and experience. Consider the behavioral statements (numbered 1-30 in the LPI) on which you rated yourself very high or very low.
Your paper should address the following components:
Identify areas of strength and areas for development:
· Describe in what areas you have strengths and why and how you believe you came to develop those strengths.
· Describe why you think you engage so seldom in areas where you rated lower in leadership practices (patterns of action)?
Establish goals for development:
· Identify the specific leadership practices in which you would like to improve. You should describe these practices in terms of your career goals and the leadership competencies you believe will be needed for exemplary leadership in your chosen career. Describe why have you chosen to focus on these practices.
Develop a plan for your development
Describe specifically what you plan to do to improve in these practices (specific action steps). Develop a detailed plan for improvement, including specific actions, resources you plan to use (or find), a timeline, and how you will measure your progress. You may wish to do this in a table format.
5. Describe an ideal mentor to assist you in achieving your leadership development plan (you may already have a person in mind for such a role. If so, describe that person. If not, what would that person be like? e.g., what strengths would they have? What would their personal style be?) Describe how you would like to be mentored. If you don’t have one already, how will you go about finding a mentor?
· Page limit: 12 double-spaced pages (you may disregard appendices from the max page count)
· Review the rubric attached to this assignment for criteria
This is a Document Upload assignment; save your work in Word format, making sure to include your name in the file name (e.g., LastNameFirstName-Assignment#.docx).
· To begin, click on Submit Assignment at the upper right of this page
· Browse to and select your document(s)
· To finish, click on Submit Assignment at the bottom of the page
· This activity is graded out of 45 points
· See the rubric below
Assignment 1 Rubric
|Assignment 1 Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome1. The results of the student’s Leadership Practices Inventory are clearly stated.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome2. Practices with high and low ratings are identified, and the reasons for these are discussed.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome3. Specific leadership practices are identified for improvement, and the rationales for choosing these practices are presented. (Credit for this item is weighted twice as high as for items 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.)||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome4. Specific plans are presented for improving the practices chosen for improvement. (Credit for this item is weighted twice as high as for items 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.)||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome5. The paper shows mastery of those portions of The Leadership Challenge that pertain to the practices discussed.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome6. Paper discusses an ideal mentor, given the student’s LPI and development plan.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome7. The paper is well-planned, well-written, and logically organized.||
|Total Points: 45.0|