Describe the environment, the organization, and the department or program within the organization that is the basis for your project.
Course Project Task 1
The course project requires you to create a quality management plan. To do this, you will:
- Identify various aspects of a quality management plan in a healthcare organization.
- Apply various processes and tools to enhance quality in a healthcare setting. Seek additional resources from http://www.leanproduction.com/index.html.
- Identify workflow processes in a healthcare setting.
- Identify quality parameters in a healthcare setting.
- Examine the effectiveness of a quality management plan in a given healthcare setting.
The project is modeled on the Shewhart Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act). You will modify the Shewhart Cycle to make it applicable to your selected healthcare service or program.
Seek additional resources that will help you understand the process being studied as well as planning and quality improvement in general. You can visit the following link for more details on a quality process improvement plan: www.goleansixsigma.com
Click Resources and then select Lean Six Sigma Tools. Review the steps in sequence; they provide direction to a quality process improvement plan. While you do not need to use the steps in sequence, they provide direction, as given below:
- Define: This step describes the importance of the problem within the organization.
- Measure: This step relates to the impact of the current condition and target goals for improvement.
- Analyze: This step relates to understanding work flow mapping and the value stream as well as understanding root cause analysis (RCA).
- Improve: This step identifies improvements to consider in the implementation of change.
- Control: This step is about sustainability of change.
- Complete a part of the Plan step of the cycle.
- Describe the environment, the organization, and the department or program within the organization that is the basis for your project. Describe the selected healthcare setting, specifically its service, staff, equipment, and patients. Identify and describe the scope and nature of the problem.
- Assess the environment using strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis. Interview some stakeholders, such as managers, staff, or customers. Use the interview information to conduct the SWOT analysis. You may also summarize or quote any important or interesting information gathered during the interview.
- Select one of the weaknesses determined by the SWOT analysis to create a plan for improvement.
- To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in an 8- to 10-page document.
FYI, note below, make sure these issues are not on the paper please
There is limited APA formatting noted which is a requirement for this class and program.
No citations are provided in this paper to link specific articles and author’s to your reviews. Citations for each reference are required in APA format and in this class. There are some other APA formatting errors noted such as a lack of indentation of paragraph and no running header or page numbers. An introduction paragraph (telling your reader what will be presented in the paper) and conclusion paragraph (brief summary of the key points in the paper) with sections heading for each are required for all formal written assignments. Paragraphs are a minimum of three sentences in length.