Designs – A Plan To Study For The Truth
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
This week we learned how research designs are different and help us to objectively study nursing problems; the key is to decide which type of research and design will serve the purpose or intent to find a solution. After completing Week 4 readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Reflect on your learning about Quantitative and Qualitative research; share two ways that helped you understand how they are different.
- Choose one category of study design that you found interesting and describe; include what you learned about the design and how you believe it can help study nursing problems.
- Refer back to your clinical nursing priority problem and evidence you located for your week 3 assignment:
• The nursing-evidenced practice (NEBP) committee has requested for you to make a recommendation to the team: Describe the type of research and the design that you believe would be the best way to study your problem. Discuss your rationale.
Houser, J. (2018). Nursing research: Reading, using, and creating evidence (4th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 2: The Research Process and Ways of Knowing
- Chapter 6: Selecting an Appropriate Research Design