There are many social problems that impact our society, and on a larger scale, our world. As a human services professional, you need to develop a greater sense of awareness of these social problems, which will better assist you to become an advocate for the people for whom you serve.
For this part of your project, you will examine the history of the chosen social problem. (Drug Abuse)
Part 1: Research
Conduct some further, in-depth research of your chosen social problem. Locate two (2) credible resources describing the history, evolution of that problem, and what has been attempted in the past to eradicate the problem. You can use your textbook, credible websites, articles, etc. One must be a resource located through the Rasmussen Library databases.
Part 2: Reflect
In a minimum of two-pages (not counting the title page and reference page) address the following:
- Summarize the history of the social problem?
- Discuss the effects or consequences of the social problem (negative and positive)?
- Identify what individuals, groups, organizations, social institutions are involved? What values, beliefs, norms, and issues by whom are involved?
- List what sociological assumption(s) fit this problem? What social factors (causes) are involved by level? (Who says so? research done?) What sociological perspectives are involved?
- Incorporate two (2) credible resources describing the history and evolution of the chosen social problem. Cite sources used.
Use professional language including complete sentences and proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation throughout your paper. Be sure to cite any research sources in APA format.