Part 1 – History and Future of Title IX
Address the following historical and future Title IX components in this section of your assignment:
- Your initial thoughts and opinions of Title IX at the commencement of this course.
- An introductory history leading to the introduction of the Title IX law.
- The underlying philosophy behind the Title IX law.
- Implementation issues since Title IX was enacted.
- When did Title IX become focused on athletics and what has transpired due to this law?
- Pertinent Title IX court cases responsible for changing history.
Part 2 – Personal Philosophy on Title IX
Address the following personal philosophical components concerning Title IX in this section of your assignment:
- Discuss your personal philosophy regarding the effectiveness of Title IX resulting in gender equity within organized sports.
- Discuss how Title IX could be revised to further improve gender equity within organized sports.
Part 3 – Gender Equity Plan
Address the following components to develop a gender equity plan within an institution of your choice:
- Identify an educational level of your school (grade school, high school, college).
- Use a hypothetical school or a current school. Access the Office of Postsecondary Education websiteto find information on your institution of choice.
- Provide a brief analysis of the current state of gender equity in sports within your institution of choice.
- Develop a plan to comply with Title IX.
Length: Total of 12-15 pages (not including title and reference pages).
References: Minimum of eight scholarly resources.