You have been working as a technology associate the information systems department at Corporation Techs for a while now. You have discovered so far that all of Corporation Techs’ computer systems share the same Class C public IP address range, including workstations along with servers providing authentication, e-mail, and both secure and public Web sites.
Your next task in this project is to construct a basic network design. An important requirement for the network design is to reduce the number of public addresses needed as the subnet lease results in very high ISP costs.
Construct a basic network design, separating private and public services within the Corporation Techs’ network. To do so, you must:
- Access the PCAP files using NetWitness Investigator, and browse the Nmap scan (XML format), topology fisheye chart (PDF format), and Nessus report (HTML format).
- Identify vulnerabilities and clear-text information transfer.
- Conduct research and determine the best network design to ensure security of internal access while retaining public Web site availability.
- Identify any opportunities for reduced ISP costs through port redirection or address translation.
- Design a network configuration, identifying network gateways, port or address redirection systems, and the location of hosts within private and protected network segments.
- Create a professional report detailing the information above as supportive documentation for the network security plan.
- Create a report that includes a basic network diagram and research results.