Post your initial response to one of the scenarios below.
Musculoskeletal and Neurologic System
Using the South University Online Library, the Internet, and your textbook research the conditions affecting the musculoskeletal and the neurologic systems.
A 58-year-old female is admitted for a work up for a complaint of neck and low back pain. During admission, you discover that she underwent a renal transplant six years ago. The patient also had blood work collected. When you review the findings, you notice that her serum calcium is elevated at 13.9 (Normal values range from 8.5 to 10.2 mg/dl), her CBC shows a hematocrit of 33%, and hemoglobin of 11.1 g/dl (normal adult female hematocrit Range: 37-47%, normal adult female hemoglobin range: 12-16 g/dl).
- What could be the underlying cause of her pain and her abnormal lab values?
- What other assessments would be helpful?
- What interventions might be considered?
A 33-year-old Hispanic male is admitted and complains of a tingling sensation in his left leg, vertigo, and loss of balance. When you begin to perform intake history, you notice that his speech is slurred, his teeth are in need of repair, and he seems to be very drowsy.
- What other findings may you find in this individual?
- What would you think is the underlying cause of this patient’s complaint?
- How would you proceed with your assessment specifically for this patient?