Distinguish between organizational needs assessment and strategic planning, and assess how each can be helpful to identify the needs of an organization.
“Human Resource Development and ATD Competency Model” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss how Human Resource Development can be implemented into organizational strategic planning.
- Review the Association for Talent Development’s (ATD) Competency Model located at https://www.td.org/Certification/Competency-Model. Next, discuss at least two of the areas of expertise listed in the ATD Competency Model. Provide examples of how you have observed or experienced successful demonstration of these areas of expertise in the workplace.
“Employee Motivation and Organizational Learning” Please respond to the following:
- Select two motivational theories and compare and contrast their basic premises. Select one of these theories to use as the basis for the solution you would propose for the workplace employee motivation problem you identified in the first discussion question and support your selection.
- Imagine you have recently been hired to be the Chief Learning Officer (CLO) for a corporation and have been tasked to establish a corporate university. Discuss the various types of training media you would use to educate your corporate students and how these media would be put to use.
“Needs Assessment and Use of a Specific Type of Needs Assessment” Please respond to the following:
- Distinguish between organizational needs assessment and strategic planning, and assess how each can be helpful to identify the needs of an organization.
- Review the theories and models described at the Needs Assessment Website located at http://www.needsassessment.org/. Next, using two models or theories from the e-Activity, justify the conditions in which a person analysis would be critical to the development and delivery of effective HRD programs.
“Traditional Versus Contemporary Training and Using Different Methods” Please respond to the following:
- Justify why classroom training is still popular despite the introduction of electronic technology and include one (1) exceptional learning experience you had while in a classroom. Discuss if the same experience would have translated in the same way online.
- Discuss one (1) experience you have had from a trainer or trainee viewpoint. Offer two (2) tips to your classmates about what you learned from the experience.