Examine the influence of political, economic, and social factors on the historical and current structure of the U.S. health-care system.
Research Paper: 3–5 pages
- Review the case study “Death by Measles.”
- Review Trevor Noah’s video on traveling from Africa during the Ebola crisis.
The purpose of this paper is to examine an emerging/current issue in health care. Potential topics are but not limited to the following:
- Reemerging outbreaks such as measles or Ebola
- Human trafficking
- Violence in health-care settings
- Medical tourism
- Consumer-directed health care
- Assisted suicide
- Medical marijuana
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Personalized medicine
Research, examine, and analyze your issue with thought, sensitivity, and reflection. Your paper must have the following elements:
- Identify the resources/protocols that a hospital/health provider would need to consider and have in place to address the issue (e.g., HR policies, staff training, etc.).
- Explain the leadership and managerial responses and/or responsibilities.
- Discuss the cultural impact.
- Describe the legislative actions or government agencies that may be involved (e.g., CDC, AMA, ACA, etc.).
- End your paper with a summary of your research and a conclusion to what you have found.
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate and utilize at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- This course requires the use of new Student Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Analyze the U.S. health-care system at local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Examine the influence of political, economic, and social factors on the historical and current structure of the U.S. health-care system.
- Determine the various roles and responsibilities of interdisciplinary health-care team members and the required credentials.
- Assess the leadership and managerial role of the health-care administrator.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.