Experiential and Narrative Family Therapy
- Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy
- Justify recommendations for family therapy
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on experiential and family therapies.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Summarize the key points of both experiential family therapy and narrative family therapy.
- Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy, noting the strengths and weakness of each.
- Provide a description of a family that you think experiential family therapy would be appropriate, explain why, and justify your response using the Learning Resources.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).