Suppose you have been asked to write an article on interpersonal conflict for a local organization with which you are affiliated. You may choose any type of interpersonal conflict, such as between spouses, among family members, between members of a social group, or other, but your focus must be interpersonal conflict.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly, professional, or other appropriate resources that address the topic of interpersonal conflict. Keep in mind that Wikipedia is not considered an appropriate resource. You will need at least 2 resources to support your work in this assessment.
Complete the following:
- Define the term conflict. Do not simply copy a definition from a source!
- What does conflict mean to you?
- How does that compare with how others define conflict?
- Describe communication behaviors that can lead to conflict.
- Explain how the communication behaviors affect interpersonal relationships. Be sure to consider communication behaviors in a variety of situations.
- Explain how differences in gender, age, culture, race, and so on can contribute to interpersonal conflict.
- Recommend at least one strategy that can be used to resolve interpersonal conflict.
Because this is an article for publication, format your assessment following APA guidelines.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- What types of interpersonal conflict have you experienced?
- When is interpersonal conflict constructive? What elements do you think need to be present for this to happen?