Determine relevant factors allowing international business to succeed in a particular region or country.
Review the case study above and prepare the necessary document as explained below.
Use the following website as a starting point for research on this project:
In addition, you may likely need to do some additional research to help complete this project.
Please choose from one of the following countries to expand into: Japan, Brazil, India, Liberia, Ukraine, or Thailand.
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (RMCF) has hired you as a consultant to help them with a planned expansion into a new market. Your role is to help facilitate this expansion into a new country/region, and to point out options and possible hurdles the company will face that they aren’t aware of. Write a report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and outline the overall business environment for the expansion, including the following:
- Choose a country or region for the expansion, considering the details of the case study.
- Identify the four relevant factors that will affect an expansion into this new market in a positive way.
- For each factor identified, identify how these factors will directly benefit RMCF in its expansion into the new market.
- What are at least two obstacles will need to be overcome in this expansion effort, and what is the recommendation to overcome them?
- Ensure your report has an introduction properly describing the general scenario of what it will address, and then a conclusion wrapping up your points and what you addressed in the report.