In this project, you will identify the key sections and information provided on financial statements. You will also become familiar with analyzing financial statements by comparing the profitability and financial statements of two of the largest companies in the entertainment industry: The Disney Company and Apple Inc.
What You’ll Need
- Your MacBook Pro laptop
- Internet access
- MS Word software
- Complete the Basic Financial Concepts and Objectives Review: Assignment
- Download the Week 1 Project Financial Statements document from the Downloads section.
- Download the Week 1 Project Answer Sheet.
- EBS160_Week1-ProjectAnswerSheet_v2_MW2.doc1 MB
- Week1ProjectFinancialStatements.pdf107 KB
Using the Week 1 Project Financial Statements download document, complete the Week 1 Project Answer Sheet. Include the following information:
- Identify both companies’ total current assets and total long-term assets for 2017 and 2016.
- Identify both companies’ total current liabilities and total liabilities for 2017 and 2016.
- Identify both companies’ shareholders’ equity for 2017 and 2016
- Identify both companies’ operating profit for 2017 and 2016
- Identify both companies’ net profit for 2017 and 2016.
- Explain why each company’s ending cash balance changed from 2016 to 2017.
- If you were going to invest in one of these two companies based on the information in these financial statements, which company would you invest in? Explain.
- Save your completed Week 1 Project Answer Sheet as a PDF document.
- Name your Week 1 Project Answer Sheet document as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Project1
- Upload your file to LAO and Submit.