Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Final Research Project Progress
Prepare: At this point in the course, you should have a rough draft of your Final Research Project. In preparation for this discussion, make a list of what you learned most throughout this process, as well as difficulties you may have encountered along the way.
Reflect: This is the moment in which you can think about what you have learned in the development of your research and share with the class.
Write: Share your progress on the Final Research Project, including the following:
- Identify the Final Research Project topic. What influenced you to make this choice?
- Describe your rationale for selecting that topic in relation to your academic and career pursuits.
- Provide your thesis statement.
- Discuss interesting finds and/or frustrations that you have encountered in your research.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
Respond to Peers: Review your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two peers by Day 7. In response to your classmates, offer some suggestions to help them with their research, and/or suggest resources that you believe would aid them with problems they may be encountering. Participation responses to peers must be a minimum of 75 words.