Case Study- J.P. is a 15-year-old boy who presents to the pediatric office for his annual visit.
- Lives with mother and father, both present for visit
- Attends high school
- Only child
- No smokers in home
- No weapons in home
- Vital signs within normal limits
- Height and weight within normal limits
- Immunizations up to date
- No medications
- No allergies
- Physical exam within normal limits
Write an essay of 1000-1250 words and address each of the questions below. Be sure to completely answer all parts in each prompt. Support your answers with reasoning and evidence from the data provided. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference three (3) citations using the APA writing style for each reference. Include a title page and a reference page, which do not count towards the minimal word amount.
- What special considerations should the nurse keep in mind regarding the physical exam with this age group?
- What information can you get from the teen? (Eating, sleeping and physical activity habits, drug or alcohol use, sexual activity) Why are each of these important?
- What should be included in your safety assessment? Why?
Length: 1000 – 1250 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)