Describe international standard diagnosis classification use in the US health care reimbursement and billing system.
Utilizing your textbook and the Library:
- Describe the importance of proper coding in healthcare to ensure prompt reimbursement by answering the following questions:
- Describe the role of finance in the healthcare system.
- Describe the Diagnosis codes and how they are used, impacting reimbursement.
- Describe the features of third-party payers
- Explain the reimbursement methods used and the effects of coding on reimbursement
- The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
- Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.