HS440M1-1: Describe the current financial environment in healthcare and its influence on decision making.
We discussed an integrated delivery system and how it consists of a number of different types of healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes, owned and operated as a single entity. Although integrated delivery systems offer the opportunity to coordinate all aspects of patient care under a single “umbrella,” their complexity makes the overall management process much more difficult than in smaller organizations that focus on one type of service.
Utilizing your textbook and the Library:
- Briefly describe the following healthcare settings.
- Ambulatory care
- Home health care
- Long-term care
- Integrated delivery systems
- What benefits are attributed to integrated delivery systems?
- What are the challenges/drawbacks to implementing integrated delivery systems?
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Follow APA formatting for the title and reference page, as well as APA formatting within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
- The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
- The maximum page limit is 4 pages or 1,200 words.
- Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
- Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
- Follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.