The National Drug Control Strategy
The three core principles of the National Drug Control Strategy are:
- Stopping drug use before it starts: education and community action
- Healing America’s drug users: getting treatment resources where they are needed
- Disrupting the market: attacking the economic basis of the drug trade
Taking this into consideration, address the following questions:
- Select and explain which core principle you believe is the most effective. Explain the ways in which this principle is put in to action today.
- Identify the programs or services that are being used to create an effective policy. Discuss whether or not these programs and services are effective.
- Select and explain the core principle you believe is the least effective. Explain the ways in which this principle is put in to action today.
- From an investigative perspective, compare and contrast the ways drugs crimes are investigated and prosecuted.
The paper must be two to four pages in length (excluding reference and title pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least two academic resources, one of which can be found in the Ashford University Library, to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.