Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Discuss all of the following questions using several different examples from the text, or video, and original analysis of your own.
- What were the causes of the Cold War?
- How did the outcome of the Second World War factor into the Cold War?
- What role did communism play in the Cold War?
- What role did nationalism play in the Cold War?
- What was life like for people in Eastern Europe during the Cold War?
- What was life like for people in Western Europe during the Cold War?
- What was life like for women during the Cold War?
- How did the Cold War affect European culture and society?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.