- Please post the discussion and response to all of the topics below
- Compare and contrast the definitions of therapeutic communication and holistic communication (provided on below).
- Describe a specific patient encounter when you used or could have used holistic communication to promote a better outcome.
- Describe the therapeutic healing environment as it relates to holistic nursing.
- What is the nurse’s role in providing a therapeutic healing environment? How will you use this knowledge in your everyday nursing practice?
Holistic Communication: A caring, healing process that calls forth the full use of
self in interacting with another. It incorporates the constructs and processes of therapeutic communication within a framework that acknowledges the infinite, spiritual, and energetic nature of Being, the centrality of being heart centered, and the importance of intention, self-knowledge, transcendent presence, and intuition in our interactions. (Dossey & Keegan, 2016)
Therapeutic Communication: A goal-directed form of communication used to achieve goals that promote client health and well-being. Empathy, unconditional regard, genuineness, respect, concern, caring, and compassion are conveyed through active listening, active observing, focusing, restating, reflecting, and interpreting. (Dossey & Keegan, 2016)
Reference: Dossey, B., & Keegan, L. (2016). Holistic nursing: A handbook for practice, (7th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning, Inc.
Citations within the last 5 years
Plagiarism receipt a must.