Here is what you should do:
1. print a copy of this wordy email
2. read it
3. go back and begin crossing out all of the unnecessary words and eliminate the BIZ-SPEAK
4. when you are done, go back and cross out a few MORE words – then cross out a few MORE
5. rewrite the email so it is clean, fast, and says exactly what it needs to say. (Of course, there is no correct response and answers will vary.) If you have to add a word here or there or move something around a bit for clarity, please do so.
6. save your new, improved email/homework as a word (doc) file or pdf file and submit your rewritten email by clicking above
Let’s see how many words you can eliminate!
Want a hint??? OK. I crossed out SIX words in the GREETING! I crossed out 10 words in the first line and 12 more in the second line!!!
YOU SHOULD FIND AT LEAST 50 WORDS TO ELIMINATE – EASILY! This should indicate to you how many EXTRA words there are in this email.
NOTE: AFTER THE HOMEWORK HAS BEEN COLLECTED, I WILL ADD AN “ANSWER KEY” – SO YOU CAN SEE HOW MANY EXTRA WORDS THERE ARE IN THIS EMAIL. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!