How do sociologists and other researchers study disasters? This assignment will provide you with an opportunity to answer this and other questions about disaster research.
Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Natural Hazards Center website on the World Wide Web:
2. Familiarize yourself with the mission of the center by clicking “About Us”
3. Click on the “Research” tab and select “Quick Response Grant Program”
4. Go to “Quick Response Research Reports” and click on “QR Archives” and choose two reports that addresses subjects that interest you
5. Answer the following questions:
a) What research question (or problem) did the researcher choose to study?
b) What research methods (data gathering tools) did the researcher use to collect data?
c) What were the findings of the research?
d) How significant were the findings in contributing to our understanding of disasters?
6. Submit a two or three page written report for each quick response report (in other words, your total work should be 4-6 pages long)Please create ONE (1) single document in Word containing both reports. Make sure to identify the source of your reports in their bibliographies.
10. Spacing: Double-spaced. Font: 12.