How do these experiences and strengths relate to aspects of your Emotional Intelligence and your DiSC profile?
JWI 510: Leadership in the 21st Century
© Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University confidential and proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed, in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. This course guide is subject to change based on the needs of the class.
JWI 510 – Assignment 1 (1202) Page 1 of 3
ASSIGNMENT 1: YOUR LEADERSHIP PROFILE Due Week 3, Sunday (10% of final grade)
Leadership is a critical skill in business. Leading effectively requires an understanding of your own unique
leadership style and personality traits. For this assignment, you will reflect on your leadership experiences,
assess your strengths, evaluate your emotional intelligence and DiSC profile, and develop a plan for
mastering your leadership style.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you address the following:
1. Reflect on your leadership experiences:
a. Describe the leadership aspects of your most recent professional role.
b. Identify and describe 2 key experiences that have impacted you as a leader.
2. Assess your leadership strengths:
a. Describe 2 key strengths from Jack Welch’s Foundational Principles (see Winning, chapters 1-4)
and 8 Essential Rules of Leadership as they pertain to your leadership development.
3. How do these experiences and strengths relate to aspects of your Emotional Intelligence and
your DiSC profile?
4. Develop a plan for mastering your leadership style:
a. Identify 2-3 leadership skills you would like to master in the future.
b. Describe steps you can take to master those skills. How will you measure your success?
Professional Formatting Requirements:
• Typed, double spaced, professional font (size 10-12), includes headings and subheadings (to
identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides. See the Sample
Professional Paper under Course Documents for an example.
• References must be included and provide accurate information that enables the reader to
locate the original source. Application and analysis of course materials and resources is
expected, and additional research is welcome.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the
course title, and the date.
• Before submitting your paper, use Grammarly to check for punctuation and usage errors,
and make the required corrections.