Daniel Goleman, a psychologist, was the first to popularize the trait Emotional Intelligence, sometimes referred to as EI. Emotional Intelligence is a person’s capacity to be aware of her or his emotions and feelings towards others to influence their thinking and actions. The four components of EI are:
- Self-awareness – This is your ability to read your own emotions accurately to know how your actions or lack thereof affect others.
- Self-management – This is your ability to control or regulate your emotions and act with integrity.
- Social-awareness – Gives you the ability to understand the needs of others and show empathy towards them.
- Relationship management – this is your ability to communicate clearly and convincingly, reduce conflict and build strong bonds.
After viewing the video, respond to the following questions for this weeks discussion on Emotional Intelligence.
Click here to watch the video
- –How has your emotional intelligence, or lack of emotional intelligence, positively or negatively impacted your professional or personal relationships?
- –Choose ONE of the components of EI and explain how it contributes to job satisfaction.
“Employment Practices” Please respond to the following:
- Using the first e-Activity, http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/. provide an example of two (2) of the following techniques or methods that you or someone that you know has endured or witnessed: unfair recruitment, employment application, and interview process. Investigate the extent to which the chosen technique or method left room for prohibited employment practices. Next, recommend key corrective actions that an organization could take in order to mitigate prohibited employment practices.
- Using the second e-Activity https://www.privacyrights.org/employment-background-checks-jobseekers-guide. , select two (2) employment opportunities with which you are currently familiar, and classify two (2) types of background checks that would be acceptable. Justify your response.