Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Assignment
Behavior Change Theories and Planning Models
For your assignment this week, you will describe various behavior change theories and planning models used in health education.Instructions for completing the assignment are outlined below.
Part I: Behavior Change Theories
- In your own words, briefly describe the difference between theories and models. Why is it important to use theories in health education?
- Describe the socio-ecological approach. Identify which levels of the socio-ecological approach behavior change theories can be applied to and provide reasoning for your selection.
- For each of these levels, provide a description of the behavior change theories. You may include your own diagrams or figures to support your descriptions.
- Select one theory from each level and provide information regarding its use and effectiveness in health education.
Part II: Planning Models
- In your own words, briefly describe each of the seven program planning models presented in the text. In these descriptions, highlight the unique attributes of each of these planning models and discuss the similarities found across the models.
- Select three of these models.
- Using information presented in scholarly sources, describe an example of the real-world application for each of the three models.
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.