Your Individual Experience in Obtaining a Position
Note: This is an optional discussion for HRM student in this course.
For this discussion, consider which experience best describes your career.
- If you are a mid-career HR professional, review and assess the capability of your current résumé to support attaining candidacy in an HR position one level senior to the one you currently hold.
- If you are a career changer, analyze how you would go about reframing your current résumé to best showcase your skills and experience.
Based on your selection above, respond to the following questions:
- How does your résumé show real examples of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) behavioral competencies?
- How does your résumé show real examples of SHRM technical competencies (people, organization, workplace, and strategy)?
- How does your résumé leverage past managerial or leadership experience?
- How does your résumé leverage organizations and IT skills that support HR responsibilities in the workplace?
- How does your résumé reflect your interest in the field of HR?
- How does your résumé reflect a commitment to professional development?