Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Assignment
Cardiovascular Disease Case Study
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States (American Heart Association, 2013). Many risk factors are associated with CVD. A risk factor is a variable which can increase a person’s risk of developing a disease such as family history, obesity, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. Chronic diseases, such as heart disease, can have a direct impact on a person’s wellness. Making healthy lifestyle changes can decrease a person’s risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
Examine the relationship between cardiovascular health status and wellness by completing the Assessment Activity 2-2: A Case Study of Bill M. on page 73 in your course textbook. For this assignment, the following questions from the end of the case study should be rewritten and then answered in a Word document:
- What are Bill’s risk factors for coronary heart disease?
- Which factors can he control?
- What suggestions can you give him regarding his current diet?
- What effects may a change in diet have on his coronary risk profile?
- What suggestions can you make regarding Bill’s need for exercise, and how might a change in his activity level affect his coronary risk profile?
- What are the risks associated with obesity?
Use the Week Five Assessment Activity 2-2 Template to answer the questions for this assignment. Rewrite each question and answer it. Answers must be in paragraph form. This assignment should not be organized as a paper. However, academic writing is still expected. This assignment should be a minimum of two pages (excluding the title page and reference page). Include a minimum of two scholarly sources that are cited in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Submit this assignment to your instructor by Day 5.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.