Module 08 Content
- Grammarly plagiarism report, cover page, and references required
Read the following Clinical Case:
Jason is 11 years old and has Type 1 Diabetes. He was diagnosed with Diabetes when he was 5 years old. He is comfortable taking his “blood sugar” readings during the day. He likes to participate in sports and is on the soccer team, which practices three times a week after school. His mother always packs his lunch for school so he does not have to worry about eating the food in the cafeteria.
For this written assignment plan a day’s meal for Jason.
- Include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- In particular, include any snacks he may need after school to maintain a balanced diet during soccer practice.
- Also include a brief discussion about three issues/considerations regarding nutrition, diabetes, and children that nurses must be aware of.
- You may use any of the resources found in this module or any other evidence-based sources (include those as in-text citations and references using APA Editorial Format).
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: